Thursday 28 October 2010

Folksy Friday! Shawls and Ponchos!


Shawls and Ponchos!

With the nights drawing in and the colder weather approaching, what could be more cosy and comfortable than a knitted or crocheted shawl or poncho!

The poncho takes me right back to when I was a small child in the 1970's, they were all the rage then, in bright funky colours and patterns, with fringes and tassels. But, as with all fashion trends, they are making a comeback, if they ever left the wardrobe at all.

Easy and comfortable to wear, simply pop over any outfit you are wearing, for that touch of warmth and even to add glamour and sophistication on an evening out.

There was a wide variety to choose from on Folksy, so apologies for not including more, but I wanted to cater for all tastes and colour palates.








I have also a poncho of my own to include, a bit of a labour of love, taking hours and hours and hours to complete.


Please take a look at these wonderful creations in their Folksy shops, the artisans will have spent many hours creating them, to ensure you have something totally unique to complete your outfit and keep you warm this winter.

7 comments:

  1. Aw thank you so much for featuring my triangular purple shawl. I love that first pale blue one, its simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've put soooooo much work into your poncho Natalie- very cute- loving the flowers. Love the colour of MrsG's red one too
    Gemxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd hate to think how many painstaking hours were put into your poncho, but it is lovely. The pale blue one is fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs G Knits burnt orange mohair poncho defintely looks like something I'd like to snuggle into! I remember having a blue & green crocheted poncho when I was little that my aunty made me - I loved it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're all so beautiful. I love the colour of Mrs G's one too :-)

    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poncho is so lovely, I just love ponchos. I love the colour of the pink one too

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just back from holiday to find your message. I love your poncho. Thank you for including my shawl

    Sue

    ReplyDelete