Wednesday 11 January 2012

Folksy Friday 13.01.12

Friday the 13th!

This Friday, as I am sure you're aware, is Friday the 13th, a date that some superstitious people are wary of. 

Personally I love the number 13, my hubby is born on the 13th, so it has to be great for that reason alone.

However, I know that many people fear to venture outside their doors on this date, or worry about stepping on cracks, breaking mirrors and won't go near a ladder, just in case they walk under it, so to help out all my fearful friends, I have found you some Folksy good luck items to help you along today.

Lucky Folksy Features!

Please just click on the pictures to link you to the fabulous items in person, and all without needing to step our of your door.

We all know four leaf clovers are good luck, so how about a perpetual one in the wonderful gemstone that is Serpentine Jasper, as a key ring, or handbag charm, to carry around with you at all times.


Finding a pin and picking it up and all the day you'll have good luck, but not if you pop it in your pocket, not so pleasant sticking into your thumb, so why not carry around a little needle and pin case with you at all times, and you'll always have a handy space to pop your lucky pin finds.

Lovely Lucky Heather, here in a beautiful collage form to wear on your lapel!  Mauve-tastic!

Of course we all know horse shoes are lucky, my Mum always told me to keep them the right way up, so the luck doesn't spill out, LOL!  Giving someone a card like this will always cheer them along in their endeavours.

And we can't forget the lucky rabbits foot, I'm not one for carrying around a real one, and any way, why have one, when you could have four, in this beautiful door stop, he'll keep your house a luck and safe place for sure and tell bad luck to hop it!

Three lots of luck here for good measure, the horseshoe, clover and lucky sixpence!!!!!

And who could forget our lucky friend the black cat, purring its way into your affection, here teamed with lots of four leaf clovers, so much success to be had.

I hope you are all feeling lucky today, and with all these wonderful charms, might have to have a go on the lottery!

Thank you!

11 comments:

  1. HI Natalie,

    Thanks so much for including my lucky necklace! So many gorgeous things here...love the bunny but my pup would pull it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful things Natalie. Thank-you for including my velvety rabbit, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I spotted Sarah's beautiful velvet rabbit doorstop earlier this week too. Lovely items as usual - hope everyone has a lucky day :) Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great theme and fabulous selection. They all look great. Must wear my four leaf clover earrings tomorrow. lol!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant collection and a great idea for Fri 13th!

    Dottie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative theme! A lovely collection of items- I love the velvet rabbit! Thank you for including my brooch.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for including my horseshoe card Natalie. Great theme for today ... Hope it isn't an unlucky day! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely lucky collection! :)

    Leanne x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely selection, the black cat card is fab!

    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete